Friday, May 20, 2011
Gardening can be hazardous!
So last week Adam & I decided to start putting the posts in to trellis the peas. He got it all done while I weeded the raised beds. I thought I'd give it a go and use the 25-pound post driver to plow a post into the ground. It seemed pretty easy. I got 2 posts in and then it happened. I must have gone too far up & the damn driver fell on my head. I was instantly shocked! And then a drop of blood fell on my glasses and I panicked! Adam was awesome! He took off his undershirt and have it to me to stop the bleeding, which seemed massive at the time. Fortunately, the bleeding stopped but I called my doctor anyway & went to ER to get it cleaned up. After 3 hours of waiting at the Harrisburg Hospital ER, I got 3 staples put in my head (no anesthetic, just a squeezed of Adam's hand)! A week later and they're out. Just a little head's up if you're in your garden this year so really be careful or let someone else do the dirty work.