Friday, May 20, 2011

Gardening can be hazardous!

So last week Adam & I decided to start putting the posts in to trellis the peas.  He got it all done while I weeded the raised beds.  I thought I'd give it a go and use the 25-pound post driver to plow a post into the ground.  It seemed pretty easy. I got 2 posts in and then it happened. I must have gone too far up & the damn driver fell on my head. I was instantly shocked! And then a drop of blood fell on my glasses and I panicked!  Adam was awesome! He took off his undershirt and have it to me to stop the bleeding, which seemed massive at the time.  Fortunately, the bleeding stopped but I called my doctor anyway & went to ER to get it cleaned up.  After 3 hours of waiting at the Harrisburg Hospital ER, I got 3 staples put in my head (no anesthetic, just a squeezed of Adam's hand)!  A week later and they're out.  Just a little head's up if you're in your garden this year so really be careful or let someone else do the dirty work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment